A list of easy to make products using the 11 oils from your PSK
The biggest mistake you can make with your oils, is not using them!
Lavender Linen Spray
- 20 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 oz glass spray bottle
- purified/distilled water
Peppermint Foot Cream
Peppermint has a wonderful cooling effect and feels SO good on tired feet. Sometimes I add an extra drop of PanAway if my feet are extra sore to give ultimate relief. What you will need:
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons carrier oil
- 15 drops Peppermint essential oil
- Glass Jar or container with lid
Stinky Shoe Powder
This is a staple in my house with 5 teens. The "no socks" craze leaves their shoes smelling like a hockey locker room (which, by the way, this stuff works awesome in sports bags on on sports equipment too!) Here's what you need:
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 15 drops Purification Essential Oil
- Shaker jar (I bought a parmesan cheese shaker from the dollar store!)
This oil is as good as gold! Frankincense can be used to help reduce the appearance of large pores, prevent wrinkles, and lift and tighten skin to naturally slow signs of aging. You will want to invest in a good carrier oil for the face, which you will find at any health food store. Here's what you will need:
- jojoba or rosehip oil filled 3/4 of your glass dropper bottle
- 10 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil
- Added beneficial oils as you add to your oil collection that are great for the face: Geranium, Myrrh, Rose and Patchouli
- Glass dropper bottle
Detox Bath Salts
Spruce oils contain abundant monoterpenes, which are powerful antioxidants making this an excellent oil to bathe in for a detoxifying effect. Mix the ingredients together in a bowl and add to your bath under the running faucet. Soak minimum half hour. Here's what you will need:
- 1 cup Epsom Salts
- 1/2 cup Baking Soda
- 5 drops NLBS essential oil
Thieves Lip Balm
This lip balm recipe is great for nourishing lips without any chemicals! The smell will have you head over heals in love! Melt all the ingredients except the Thieves oil, add the drops and then pour into the tube and let harden. Here's what you will need:
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp shea butter
- 3 tsp beeswax
- 10 drops Thieves essential oil
- lip balm tube
Lemon Sugar Scrub
This scrub will not only leave your skin feeling smooth and silky soft, but the invigorating scent of lemon will also boost your mood! Keep this one by your shower and use as often as you'd like! Here's what you'll need:
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 10 drops Lemon essential oil (peppermint oil is a great addition for a wake-me-up scent!)
- Glass jar with air tight lid
Sore Muscles Rub
PanAway will be your best friend if you find yourself with sore muscles often! This rub is great to leave in your gym bag for before and after exercise. Here is what you'll need:
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 10 drops PanAway essential oil
- Glass jar or container with lid
If you're looking to add to your growing oils collection, my suggestion as the next must-have oils are Cedarwood and Rosemary. Once you have these beauties, here are two of my favorite recipes that I cannon live without!
Cedarwood and Rosemary Essential Oils
DIY Dry Shampoo
Here's what you'll need:
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, for dark hair only
- Combine all ingredients.
- Put in a container of your choice, such as an empty salt shaker or baby powder bottle.
- Sprinkle on roots of hair and massage into scalp.
- Leave for 2–3 minutes to absorb hair’s natural oils.
- Brush through hair.
DIY Mermaid Hair Spray
This spray will leave your hair silky and shiny! Great for use after towel drying to get through those tough tangles.
Here's what you'll need:
- 10 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 1 ounce witch hazel
- 4-ounce glass spray bottle
Don't have your Premium Starter Kit yet and want to grab one and start making your own products? Click here to get yours and start oiling!
Have a favorite recipe to share? Please comment below!
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please see your medical professional for medical advice.